Sunday, August 24, 2014

MGTOW Cooking - Part 2.


Part 1 was posted Friday, August 15, 2014.

The doctors call it "24 hour bug." I used to get it a few times a year. Not anymore - I haven't had a case in six years.

I used to eat in restaurants 7 days a week. Because of a change in my circumstances (living too far from town for a while), I started cooking for myself. My cases of "24 hour bug" stopped happening. It took a while to connect all the dots, but when I did, I stopped going to restaurants, except on special occasions with family or friends. No more casual grab-a-meal dining.

I looked up "cooking" on YouTube and got "About 7,680,000 results." Whatever you can think of, and a million things you haven't, it's in there somewhere.

 
There is another item to add to the plus side of the list. I get a true sense of accomplishment from cooking. I like mastering a new recipe. I like cooking old favorites.

I cook from scratch. I cook fancy frozen entrees from the upscale supermarkets. I cook from cans and packages stowed away in my pantry. The fridge is full of leftovers waiting for those days when cooking from scratch isn't convenient.

Cooking for yourself saves time and money, and it provides satisfaction. Win-win.



No comments:

Post a Comment